Click the icons below to follow
Triangle's Largest Food Pantry
CPO, a Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Raleigh program, is celebrating 39 years of serving the triangle community! We provide emergency food assistance and, when possible, small children's clothing and baby items, such as formula and diapers.
A tax-deductible donation of $25 feeds a family for one week.
CPO does more than just give out food. The food pantry gives hope to its clients by treating them with dignity and respect along with showing that volunteers come together with one purpose - to help them. CPO also provides a food stamp outreach program, and a resource list of other assistance throughout the community. It is a model throughout the state of how to serve the less fortunate in our communities.
Recent local hunger statistics*:
- 25% of NC children under 5 go to bed hungry
- 2,200+ children are registered in Wake County public schools as homeless
- 170,200 people in NC receive emergency food assistance every week
- 80% of NC households with children who receive food assistance do not know where their next meal is coming from
* Sources: www.thefoodeffect.org, www.ncfoodbanks.org, and www.cbsnews.com
The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)